INTRODUCING THE GREENSIDE OUTREACH SERVICE
The Greenside OUTREACH service is funded by The Local Authority in line with their service level agreement. The service is delivered to mainstream Primary for pupils in Reception and at Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 within DSPL 2 (Stevenage and the surrounding area). Our OUTREACH is delivered in partnership with Woolgrove School. It is delivered by serving practitioners who have worked in both mainstream and special schools.
Greenside is an all age special school for learners with severe or profound learning difficulties and Woolgrove is an academy for primary aged children who have learning difficulties.
Both schools have extensive experience and expertise in working with children and adults with Autistic Spectrum Conditions and are accredited by the National Autistic Society for their work with autistic learners. Greenside and Woolgrove have experience in supporting teachers and assistants in mainstream schools.
Together we offer 4 main types of support for mainstream schools:
- Pupil focused support
- School focused support
- Specialist training
PUPIL FOCUSED SUPPORT
- Creating, and supporting staff to create, resources to support learning
- Strategies to assist with inclusion
- Advice on differentiation and curriculum development
- Assist in accurate assessment against the P-scales and appropriate target setting
- Demonstration of equipment and resources
- Facilitate discussion with parents and other professionals
- Share ideas
- Support in developing effective behaviour management strategies
- Support in transition procedures
SCHOOL FOCUSED SUPPORT
- We offer whole school training in aspects such as sign language, P- scales, differentiation within the curriculum, challenging behaviour, support for communication, early communication and sensory impairment
- Visits to Greenside or Woolgrove schools to observe practice
- Visits to Greenside or Woolgrove to see and make or try resources
- Teachers from Greenside and/or Woolgrove will deliver a range of training events as well as hosting events provided by specialist speakers
How do I make a referral?